So, today I am posting my first (of many, I hope!) tag of 2021. I was nominated by the lovely Stephen over at Stephen Writes, if you don’t follow him already you should definitely check out his blog! Thank you Stephen for the tag!
This award was created by Okoto @ OkotoEnigmasBlog.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate some other bloggers
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Three Things About Me
- Although I’m terrible at it, I love ice skating and it’s something I’ve always wanted to get better at. I love watching Figure Skating and went to the World Championships in Helsinki in 2017; I also love ice hockey and went every weekend in my last year of university to support the local team!
- When I was 15 I spent a week at Huntsville, Alabama’s Space Camp where, as well as doing fun things like the G-force simulator and the outdoor obstacle courses, I had to complete various engineering challenges and take part in a six hour mission in order to graduate.
- I have been lucky enough to only have to work two retail jobs whilst I was in school / a student the first was a bridal shop (which was nowhere near as glamorous as people imagine it to be) and my university bookshop (which was one of the best jobs I’ve had).
My Favourite Post
It’s quite difficult to think of a favourite post of mine, especially as I generally post a lot of reviews. However, the post that immediately comes to mind is my Top 5 Friday – Video Games for Book Lovers. I was really pleased with the way it turned out and how I was able to combine my two biggest loves into one post. I remember working on it fairly early on before deciding to post it in November to tie in with the PlayStation 5 release.
Questions from Stephen
Is there a particular genre that you are aiming to read more in 2021?
I would like to read more Gothic fiction, I was reminded of how much I love this genre towards the end of last year and it’s something that I want to read more of this year. Whenever I thought of Gothic fiction I would always think of the classics, however there is so much contemporary Gothic that has been released in the past couple of years that I’ve been seriously missing out on!
What is your favourite pastime besides reading?
Playing video games on my PS4 or Switch! As my answer in the favourite post section shows, I’m really into my RPGs and JRPGs. I fell a little out of the habit of playing them last year as, with lockdown, I was more interested in being in the garden reading or gardening. However, this year I plan on finishing as many games as I can! Especially those I’ve already started… For now though, I’m focusing on getting the platinum trophy for Danganronpa 1-2 Reload.
Which book has been on your TBR for the longest amount of time?
With lockdown last year, I did actually manage to get through quite a lot of the books that have been sitting on my shelves for a few years! However, there are still a few that I still haven’t got round to yet… The one that comes to mind immediately is The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy series. My dad read them years ago, when I was about 11, and gave me his copies to read and they have sat on my shelf ever since… I will get round to them though!
Are there any books you have bought simply because you loved the cover?
There have been quite a lot of books I’ve bought because of the cover. Actually, a pretty embarrassing amount as I do love a pretty cover regardless of whether I already have a copy of the book or not! Most recently, though, I would say that it was The Beast Player by Nahoko Uehashi.
If you could have one superpower, which one would you choose and why?
Ooh this is a tough one, it would either be healing powers or teleportation… I feel like healing powers is the sensible answer (and the fact I play a healer in a lot of RPGs) but teleportation would be a lot more fun and make my trips to Japan much cheaper, and it would cut my commute time I could get a few extra hours in bed!
- What is one genre you’ve tried to read but just can’t get into?
- Where is your favourite place to read?
- Do you have any pets?
- Would you rather speak every human language or be able to speak to animals?
- If you didn’t blog about books, what would you blog about instead?
- Zoe @ Zoe’s Book Nook
- Livy @ Shelves of Starlight
- Emily @ Books With Raven
- Ivy @ Ivy’s Well Used Library Card
- Hannah @ Ink Drinker Hannah
No pressure at all to do the tag, and if I haven’t tagged someone who wants to take part please do!